Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Top Three Prospective Majors.







This week, I visited the Pollak Building to explore my top three prospective majors. I went to the Photography and Film, Cinema, and Graphic Design departments, seeing as those are the areas of art that I am most interested in. While I was there, I talked with some people and got some very useful information on each department. I learned more about portfolios and the kind of work that I would be doing in each separate major. It was also nice to look around the halls and see the work displayed to see what kinds of projects the students do. Going there was definitely very useful in thinking about next year and choosing a major.

Photography and Film is my top choice of majors here at VCU. I was lucky enough to talk with some of the photography students and they really encouraged me to pursue photography as a major because they love it so much. We discussed the different types of cameras that are good to have if I were to go into photography. We also talked about some of the great opportunities that the major has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment