Friday, October 15, 2010

Surface Research and Destroy.

It all started with a photograph, and well, ended with the same photograph...just in a different format. 


I began by taking a photo of a leaf floating on the surface of a pond with branch reflections. I printed it out on 8.5" x 11" glossy photo paper then proceeded to destroy it by cutting it up into tiny triangles and making it into sculpture number one.



Here is my initial photograph (the color got skewed a bit when I printed it out, but I liked how it turned out, although I wish the quality had been better).


After I finished my first sculpture, I took a picture of it, then destroyed THAT by cutting it into thin strips and making it into sculpture number two.


I took a picture of sculpture number three then destroyed it by cutting it into strips yet again, but then rolling them up to make sculpture number three.


I think you're getting the idea now. Here is sculpture number four...


Sculpture number five...


Sculpture number six...


And FINALLY, my final product. Which ended up getting destroyed unintentionally from falling backdrops right after shooting this photo.


Overall, I really enjoyed this project. It was fun trying something completely new, although at times I found myself rather frustrated. But then again, I always love a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment